|Best in Show|
|Airdate||November 25, 2006|
|Previous||El Magnifico (episode)|
|Next||How to Sink a Sub|
- "Dear Master:
Sorry I let you down. You'd be better off with a real dog like everyone says.
- ―Goddard's letter to Jimmy
Best in Show is an episode from season three. '
Jimmy enters Goddard in a pet contest, and because he is a machine rather than an organic flesh and blood dog, he gets disqualified. Feeling humiliated and sorry, Goddard runs away from home. Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen try to find him. Jimmy sees Cindy in danger and tell Goddard to run the "Rescue Mode", thus he saves Cindy from a certain car accident, and everybody is forced to apologize to Goddard and Jimmy eventually wins the pet contest.
- Contestant cameos in this episode include Grandma Taters, Rayburn, Chip, The Junkman and his dog Roxy, a horse who resembles the one Miss Fowl rides in Foul Bull, and a monkey.
- The scene where Goddard is shown imagining Willoughby's voice playing in his head before it is revealed that he is actually standing outside the window repeating himself mimics the scene in The Spongebob Squarepants Movie where Patrick says "Nevermind the car, where's the road... road... road..." repeating the word road until he apologizes for it.
- This is the only episode to focus on Goddard.
- This episode is similar to the book, Goddard, Come Home!
- Tedo the Worm later appeared in When Nerds Collide when Cosmo was looking for someone just like him to turn into a fairy and free Cindy, Jimmy and Timmy and finds Sheen in his "leg behind head" pose from Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen and with Tedo. He even says "DANCE, TEDO, DANCE! just like he did in this episode.