Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hugh is a tall man who wears glasses and a blue sweater vest with a red tie. In the pilot he wears a blue suit jacket instead of a sweater vest. He also has an unusually shaped nose which most Neutrons have (aside from Jimmy and Baby Eddie). Hugh's personality seems to be on the quirky side of things, and he is the sort of person who prefers to do things his way. Despite his odd quirks and absent-mindedness, he is fatherly, caring, well-meaning, and good-natured. He loves ducks and pie. Sometimes, Hugh causes the show's problem when he messes with Jimmy's inventions.
Hugh seems dim-witted, but is actually very clever and competent (which Jimmy has obviously inherited). He loves to clean and polish his models of ducks and sometimes will even talk to them. He calls his wife by the pet name "Sugar Booger". Hugh may have taken gymnastics at one point, as he uses this to evade Poultra in "The Eggpire Strikes Back." In the movie, he was fairly intelligent, but for the rest of the franchise, he's become the bumbling idiot we know and love.
- "This is better than pie!" -Sorry, Wrong Era
- "Oh, and by the way, Mom says you're grounded. Sorry!" -Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius and Runaway Rocketboy!
- "Whoops, must've slipped my mind! Jimbo, say hello to our new houseguest: King Goobot!" -The Eggpire Strikes Back
- "There's only one way to find out! Press every button until something happens!" -The League of Villains
- "Oh, the intense UV radiation has made me delusional! (flips lips) I'm a monkey!" -Jimmy on Ice
- "Who's the super cool cop that always gets the bad guys? Donut Boy! That's me! Yeah! He brings a delicious assortment of...sweet delights! Donut Boy! Got a creamy filling!" -Lights! Camera! Danger!
- "Jimmy? (opens door) Jimmy? (blinks) I am your dark lord, BOW DOWN AND SUCK MY DICK. SUCKY SUCKY BOOM BOOM, CHAKALAKA IN YOOOOUUU, ME GET YOU PREGNAT, YOU GET ME BABY, BABY COME OUT, ME TELL BABY, BABY BETTER BECOME DOCTOR, baby becomes doctor🤒🤕😷
- In "Nightmare in Retroville," it is seen that in some ways, Octopus Man is to Hugh what Ultra Lord is to Sheen.
- In "Time is Money", it is revealed that once, Hugh had an opportunity to go into business with McSpanky's and make a fortune, but chose instead to use his investment money to buy a wedding ring for Judy. If he did invest, he would've become a rich snob and a neglectful, uncaring parent to Jimmy.
- In the pilot, shorts and the movie, he was smarter and his voice was deep and suave. For the rest of the franchise, he became the bumbling idiot we know and love.
- Hugh's favorite kind of pizza is hot fudge and anchovy, as mentioned in Sleepless in Retroville
- As seen in "Attack of the Twonkies" Hugh is a master at slow motion.
- He loves to eat the grapes that roll away from their container at the supermarket, especially to stop them from becoming raisins, which he hates.
- Jimmy's relationship with his parents is very strong, but due to him being shown to spend more time with his father, Jimmy has a slightly stronger bond with him.
- Out of all of the character design changes after the movie, Hugh's is the most minor, his glasses were a gold color in the movie, but in the TV show, they became a silver color.