|I Dream of Jimmy|
|Airdate||September 27, 2002|
|Invention|| Dreaming Injector 5000|
Really Smart Experiment
|Previous||Raise the Oozy Scab|
|Next||Jimmy on Ice|
I Dream of Jimmy is the second segment of the fifth episode of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.
In this episode, Carl gets very tired because of his nightmares so Jimmy decides to help him by going into his dreams and helping him whenever something bad happens in the dream. Jimmy goes into his dreams and tells Sheen to wake Carl up if he's in any danger. In Carl's dream, Carl is the boy genius and Jimmy is the dumb student. Jimmy tries to tell Carl that it's a dream, but he won't listen.
Jimmy then finds out that Carl is having bad dreams because of a giant lima bean (due to the fact that Carl hates lima beans). Jimmy tries to tell Sheen to wake Carl up, but Sheen fell asleep when trying to get Carl to fall asleep. Once again, he tries to tell Carl it's a dream, but he won't listen. So when Cindy walks in, Jimmy does something that he would not do in real life, to prove to Carl it's a dream: he kisses Cindy on the lips.
Carl finally noticing that it's a dream wakes up, and Jimmy finds himself finally out of the dream. Suddenly, the lima bean monster walks out of the dream machine and attacks the kids and Goddard, but Jimmy crushes it to death with a hammer. At the end, Jimmy, Sheen and Carl are together in the kitchen, slicing the giant bean, ready to eat it and talking about what happened when Judy comes home with Hugh who has a big stomachache telling saying "Your father got overexctied and ate a bolt that fell off a grocery cart" in which Hugh says, "It was grape shaped". After Jimmy tells Carl to keep it a secret on what he had to do to wake up Carl, Cindy comes, slaps Jimmy and whips her lips, saying "Not even in his dreams, Neutron!!", implying Carl had told Cindy what he did to wake him up.
- The title of this episode is a title parody of the television program I Dream of Jeanie.
- This is the first time Jimmy kisses Cindy.
- When Jimmy was looking for Carl with the binoculars, he was looking through them the wrong way.
- In this episode, it is revealed that Sheen has a little sister. We also know that he lives with his father and grandmother.
- The Lima Beans make a cameo in the audience in Win Lose and Kaboom!
- Carl, Sheen and Judy all make a variation of Bugs Bunny's classic line from Space Jam "If I weren't real could I do this?" This line was referenced again by Cosmo in Jimmy Timmy Power Hour.
Language Dub Reference
- In the Cantonese Chinese version, Jimmy also says "bean chop hung" in the episode.
- In the Mandarin Chinese version, Jimmy says "green lime bean" in the episode.
- In the Putonghua version, Jimmy had said "hung lima" in the episode.
- In the Taiwanese Mandarin version, Jimmy accidentally said "lima nigger" in the episode.
- Latvian and Lithuanian are voiceovers.
Sheen: *rubs Carl's belly to help him sleep* "Nonny nonny..." *yawns* "good-night, moon..." *falls asleep*
Carl: "The square root of a Flexnard is a cup full of boogers."
Jimmy: Sheen, don't move! There's a giant man-eating lima bean behind you!
Sheen: "Ha! You guys! I haven't believed in that since I was like 7!"
'*Sheen turns around to see the bean monster. It roars, and everyone screams and runs off. A loud banging sound is heard. Cut to the kitchen with Sheen, Carl and Jimmy holding plates of giant lima bean slices.*
Jimmy: Luckily, as all bean farmers know, Phaseolus lunatis perishes when exposed to dry air and overly nitrogenic soil.
Carl: But, you hit it with a hammer.
Judy: Oh come on honey, right this way, it's okay. (sighs) Your father got overexcited and ate a bolt that fell off a grocery cart.
Hugh: It was grape shaped.
Cindy: Not even in his dreams Neutron!