|Lady Sings the News|
|Airdate||November 25, 2006|
|Previous||How to Sink a Sub|
|Next||The League of Villains (episode)|
Lady Sings the News is the second to final episode of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius which aired on November 25, 2006.
The episode begins with Cindy telling Libby that she played footsie in the library with Jimmy. He is seen sending a laser signal at a satellite in space, so that they can hack into the evening news and paste their heads on the body of the news reporter. Corky, a famous television producer sees this and hires Jimmy, Carl, Libby, Cindy, and Sheen to work for a children's news company. Jimmy is the anchor, Cindy is the co-anchor, Sheen is the sports reporter, Carl is the weatherman, and Libby as the gossip reporter. However, Libby takes her duties too far when she starts gossiping about her friends private lives, such as telling everyone about Cindy and Jimmy's relationship, that Carl had toilet paper on his shoe for the whole day, and that Sheen talks to sockpuppets.
Libby then starts abusing the gossip segment more by blackmailing people. Her friends then plot to stop her from invading the privacy of the rest of the town, by making Libby report fake news about aliens controlling Carl. She reports this on the news, and a whole mob of people attack Carl. She then realizes that the aliens were fake, and Jimmy, Carl, Sheen, and Cindy were trying to teach her a lesson. Libby then apologizes to her friends about the way she acted and they forgive her. They later get fired from their jobs because Corky wants to make a show about Sheen's sock puppets. The mob then chases Corky instead. As they walk home, Jimmy kisses Cindy and they hold hands, Libby carries Sheen, and they accidentally leave Carl in the stockade the angry mob placed him in earlier.
- The episode name is based off and a parody of the film Lady Sings the Blues, as Libby likes to sing.
- This is one of the rare times Jimmy and Cindy don't fight or antagonize each other at all.
- This episode is similar to the book, Zine Scene. Only, Jimmy is replaced with Libby.
- This wasn't going to be the final episode, John, Keith and Steve had more ideas in mind. Unfortunately, DNA Productions went out of business due to the failure of The Ant Bully and production costs, so season four never came to be. As a result, the whole DNA staff moved to O Entertainment, which would produce Planet Sheen and Back at the Barnyard. There are four scripts finalized, but they've kept them in secret until further notice.
- If the fourth season did come to be, Cindy would've finally ended her resentment towards Betty, Evil Jimmy would've returned, the kids would've become closer as a family, there would be on overarching story about them starting middle school and the League of Villains reviving and planning the final blow to Jimmy, Nick would've rejoined the main cast, there'd be new villains, the villain humor would be kept to minimum, there'd be no more ten minute stories and Jimmy and Cindy's relationship would've continued to grow.
- Jimmy, Carl, and Sheen are the only characters to appear in every episode of the original series.
- Despite this being the last episode to be aired and produced, it is not the series finale. The League of Villains is the real one.
- When Jimmy and Cindy are flirting, they're playing "Mr. Walky Man", like Hugh does with Judy.
- The title card resembles the Universal logo, and the spinning globe at Universal theme parks (which was the former home of Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast). It also resembles the DiC Entertainment logo.
- It was mentioned from Libby that Miss Fowl may have gone to prison once and that she may also be a transgender.
- Jimmy and Cindy's kiss took place in an alley, similar to when he first kissed Cindy in I Dream of Jimmy.
- In this episode, Corky is finally punished for a mess he caused.
|The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius: Season 3|
|Attack of the Twonkies (movie) | Lights! Camera! Danger! | Fundemonium | Stranded | Jimmy Goes to College | The N-Men | The Tomorrow Boys | My Big Fat Spy Wedding | Who's Your Mommy | Clash of the Cousins | Crouching Jimmy, Hidden Sheen | The Incredible Shrinking Town | One of Us | Vanishing Act | The Trouble with Clones | The Evil Beneath | Carl Wheezer, Boy Genius | Who Framed Jimmy? | Flippy | King of Mars | El Magnifico | Best in Show | How to Sink a Sub | Lady Sings the News | The League of Villains (movie)|