You play as 8 different characters and play over more than 20 stages and six different party modes. When playing as player 1, you can choose Blast, Replay, and Cup challenge. (Players 2, 3, and 4 have a mode called "Party Play") The characters names in Nickelodeon Party Blast are: Eliza Thornberry, Angelica, Invader Zim, Otto Rocket, Reggie Rocket, SpongeBob SquarePants, Tommy, and Jimmy Neutron. Each stage has different events although the last stage is almost opposite from the original stage when you first start. Also, every party game has each different Boss depending on 5 different events (or party modes) on which level.
- Food Fight: A party mode where you throw food at each other to lose lives or points and neither person can be taken away.
- Squirt and Splash: A game where you squirt each other and have the person with the highest score to survival wins.
- Basketball: An sport party mode where you have to make the most baskets in the game and perform tricks to earn more points.
- Pipe challenge A 2nd party mode where you put pipes together to create a pipeline to blast rockets, Rugrat's dinos,and more.
- Racing: A 5th party event where you race each other and see who has the most coins and mess up with items and more.
- Claim bonus stages: Bonus stages where each different stage lets you play 4 different games to win or lose.
At the end there is also a Gooze squirter stage where you squirt goo to Nicktoons characters and the person who goozes the most is the winner of the game and then goes back to the main menu.
The game received largely negative reviews. IGN gave the Xbox version of the game a very low 1.1 out of ten, citing that "Like the name implies, this game is only (barely) worth a spare nickel for price of admission." This is by far the lowest rating of any Nicktoons game. This game is also noted for being very similar to the Mario Party games.
- CatDog appears but is not playable.
- This game was released on Brian Doyle-Murray's 57th birthday.
- This game was planned to have a PlayStation 2 release, but it got cancelled.
- This game was released on Xbox in the Pal Region and on GameCube everywhere two years after "Christmas Who?" premiered.