|Patrick the Snowman|
|Airdate||December 4, 2002|
|Invention|| Spoofinator 4000
Patrick the Snowman is a short featuring the Jimmy Neutron characters that aired on Nickelodeon at Christmastime from 2002 to 2005. It's a Jimmy Neutron and SpongeBob SquarePants parody of the 1969 Christmas classic, Frosty the Snowman.
As Nigel Thornberry from The Wild Thornberrys provides narration, the short opens with the kids building a snowman that resembles Patrick. Upon finishing it, Jimmy decides that all it needs now is his latest invention, the Spoofinator 4000 (which looks like a metallic top hat). He places it on the snowman's head, causing it to transform into Patrick, whose first words are "Birthday happy!"
At first, the kids have fun with Patrick, but they quickly grow tired of his antics (such as hogging Sheen's blanket and poking Carl with a stick repeatedly). But since spring is a long way off, the kids have to come up with a plan to get rid of him. Jimmy decides that they shall create a wormhole in the space-time continuum and send Patrick to the future. Cindy suggests they just melt him instead, but no one takes her advice.
The kids send Patrick 70 years into the future. 70 years later, at the Retroville Retirement Community home, Patrick shows up to annoy the now-elderly kids again, while Cindy chastises Jimmy for his idea. Nigel, now a skeleton, shows up to confirm that this is the end of the story; Patrick then pokes him with the stick, causing him to fall apart.
A shorter 30-second version of this spot, usually run during the end credits of Nickelodeon's shows, ends with the kids being so spooked by Patrick coming alive that they immediately start chasing him down.
- Patrick gave Sheen a cold, used Jimmy as a sled, sneezed on Cindy, wore Libby's clothes and poked Carl with a stick.
- Coincidentally, Bill Fagerbakke would voice Frosty in the direct-to-video sequel, The Legend of Frosty the Snowman.
- Even though this came during the run of the show, Cindy has her design from the movie and shorts.
- This is one of the few times Patrick and Nigel appear in CGI. This is also the only time Patrick appears in the Jimmy Neutron universe (not including the Nicktoons games) and Nigel.
- Jimmy would later meet Patrick for real in Nicktoons Unite.