|The Phantom of Retroland|
|Airdate||October 30, 2002|
|Next||My Son, the Hamster|
The Phantom of Retroland is the first segment of the eighth episode of season 1.
At school, Nick tells a scary tale about the Phantom of Retroland, a monster who lives at the local amusement park. In the interest of science, Jimmy sets out to disprove this urban myth with the help of his reluctant friends Carl and Sheen, and in Carl's case, frigthened. Jimmy activates a hologram to fool his parents into thinking he's home in bed, but it malfunctions causing the hologram image to change to Jimmy playing limbo on the playground, and his parents go out to find him when they find out about it. Once he meets up with Carl and Sheen, the three of them enter Retroland. They meet the Phantom, who turns out to be Nick in disguise, followed by another Phantom who turns out to be Cindy and Libby in disguise. As they're leaving, they encounter who Jimmy believes to be the real Phantom of Retroland, and he and his friends run for it. This Phantom turns out to be Judy accompanied by Hugh, though they too run away upon encountering the real Phantom of Retroland.
- Jimmy: Glad you could make it, Sheen. How did you sneak out?
- Sheen: Oh, I just told my grandma that I had to go to a deserted theme park to be eaten by a maniac. She told me to wear clean underwear.
- Sheen: I wonder what order he'll eat us in.
- Jimmy: That is so ridiculous, it doesn't even deserve--
- Cindy: What, a 600-page report on how ridiculous it is, in French?
- Phantom #3: (sniffs) What's that smell?
- Sheen: You mean (points to Phantom #3) your salami leg, (points to Cindy and Libby) their salami leg, (points to Nick) his salami leg, or Carl's shoes? (points to Carl's shoes)
- Carl: Sheen, the phantom of Retroland is gonna tear us limb from limb and eat us! Say something!
- Sheen: You ever notice how Jimmy's hair is like one of those gum massager things? It's all swirly and--WHAT?!
- Nick triple dog daring Jimmy is a reference to "A Christmas Story".